Begin your visit to Pineland Farms at the Market & Welcome Center located at 15 Farm View Rd. New Gloucester, Maine. Here you can purchase your Farm Visitor Passes to experience and tour our sustainable farms, see what Family Educational Programs are being offered and to learn about our grounds, gardens and hiking trails that a free to explore (winter trail passes for cross country skiing are required). Pineland Farms has fun activities for the whole family every season of the year.
Next, head out on your Pineland Farms adventure.
Begin your tour at the Equestrian Center where you can see our Morgan horses up close and personal. Then make the short drive to Valley Farm. On your way to the farm, stop by our Garden and take a stroll along a quarter-mile of paved walkways. On the Farm you can explore our Family Farmyard, working dairy and poultry barns, as well as interact with farming exhibits at the Education Center.
Sold at the Market and Welcome Center (Last ticket sold at 3:30pm)
$5.00 a person (ages 2 and under are free)
Open 7 days a week*, closed holidays.
At The Market and Welcome Center, you’ll find:
- Information on scheduled events
- Maps of the trails and campus
- Farm-fresh products and Maine-made merchandise
We are handicap accessible, and strollers are recommended for our younger visitors.
- Trails are open for hiking, running and walking during the spring, summer and fall, and cross country skiing during the winter (trail pass fees apply in winter months).
- Our fields and forests provide excellent habitat for birds, so bring your binoculars for some great bird watching opportunities
- The Garden at Pineland Farms is open May through November, from dawn to dusk. It was recently named one of the top ten favorite public gardens in People Places & Plants magazine. The Garden is also a great place for a picnic
- Our pond on Route 231 is stocked for fishing (you’ll need a license), and both our ponds are maintained for skating when weather permits
- Tennis courts are open from dawn to dusk during the spring, summer and fall
- Commons, a creative cafe located in The Commons Building here at Pineland Farms, is run by The Black Tie Co. and highlights all of our own produce, cheeses, and meats, as well as other local favorites in their delicious menu items. Commons Kitchen is open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 2:30pm. (see menu)
- A self-guided walking tour of the campus is available – ask for a brochure at the Welcome Center
- For a small fee, biking trails and orienteering are also available
- Late June-August Pick-Pick-Your own strawberries, peas, blueberries and raspberries at the Produce Division 752 Mayall Road New Gloucester, Maine
When it’s time to head home, stop back at The Market and Welcome Center.
Our farm-made cheese, natural meats, organic eggs, maple syrup, strawberry jam and seasonal fresh produce will bring the flavor of Pineland Farms back to your home.
We hope you enjoy your visit, and that you’ll come back again soon!
Please be aware that Pineland Farms does not allow dogs on the premises, in an effort to ensure the greatest safety of all visitors to the farm and for the safety of Pineland Farms’ animals.