Job Description: Pineland Farms is seeking full-time and part-time seasonal employees for the Family Farmyard. 80% OF THIS JOB IS BEING AN EDUCATOR and 20% is a farmer. The Family Farmyard hosts a variety of animals from local farms that spend the summer here at Pineland Farms. The goal of the Family Farmyard is to educate and connect visitors to agriculture in a safe, engaging, hands-on environment. Pineland Farms’ Family Farmyard sees thousands of visitors over the course of the summer.
- Lead activities for the public and school groups including formal interactive presentations to groups ranging from a few people to as many as 100 or more. Also engaging public in less formal “meet and greet a farm animal” type of activities.
- Engage with public about many topics ranging from basic animal information (“what animal is this?”) to in-depth discussions (i.e. dairy industry or farming practices etc.)
- Chores associated with the family farmyard animals, gardens and general farmyard maintenance
- Provide information about Pineland Farms’ campus, history, products, and services.
- Uphold excellent guest services at all times
- Communicate effectively with staff and supervisors to create a respectful and open work environment.
- Provide support for special events (on as needed basis)
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Full time (30-40 hours) and part time positions (20-29 hours) available
- Weekend availability required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Salary/Wage: Starting pay is $13.50
Term: Seasonal *May through August
Reports To: Education Manager and Education Coordinators
How to Apply: Fill out a Pineland Farms Inc application at 32 Farm View drive, New Gloucester Maine 04260
Contact: Cathryn Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information